Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Window and the Door

There’s another kind of a stupid thing, that people ask you to meditate here [Shri Mataji points to her Agnya Chakra]. Is absolutely wrong. ... Nobody should put attention here. Instead, put attention at the Door [Shri Mataji is putting her hand onto her Sahasrara Chakra]. What’s the use of looking at a window? You can’t get out of it, can you? If you have to look at anything be on a lookout for the Door. And the Door is here. The Door of Sahasrara is to be opened out.

H.H.Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, extract from Talk at Shri Krishna Puja, Switzerland, 23/8/86

This remark by HH Mataji makes one think of other things. The hundreds and thousands of seekers and others who are interested in yoga - and meditation, too. Many people come to know of Sahaja Yoga accidentally, while looking for 'something' for relaxing; or for relieving stress; or boredom or any of the different silent ailments that beset our modern society. Then when they realise what Sahaja Yoga can do for them; or better still how important they are in the eyes of God; or how much they can do for their own good and welfare and that of others, they ( I should be saying, we) are genuinely surprised.
We truly start off with fuzzy ideas about God, and ourselves in the pursuit of truth. But it's so wonderful as the wool comes off the eys, bit by bit. That is what is so wonderful about Shri Mataji's teaching and her unique way and powerful way of making us to become our own masters. There are so many people out there pulling wool over the eyes of seekers! Thank God we have someone we trust just like one's own mother.
Like she says: "What’s the use of looking at a window? You can’t get out of it, can you?" Of course, not. But like Christ said: "Seek and ye shall find". Mother points the way to the door. But so many people are stuck at the window, trying to get out - or to get in. And getting ripped off in the process. Not only in terms of their hard-earned money, but also paying heavily with their trust, with their emotions, with their vibrations and their chakras getting damaged in the process. For me Sahaja Yoga has been a simple way to get to know myself better and to find within myself the resources I never ever dreamt were there. I have found peace - or am in the process of discovering the peace within myself, bit by bit, as I master the meditation techniques put at my disposal by Our Mother's teaching for free.
This has not only benefitted myself and my family, but I am now aware of lots of other people and my country, too, who have been beneficiaries of the empowerment I have been exposed to.
Like She says: "If you have to look at anything be on a lookout for the Door".
Makes sense, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment